Wild Friendship Blend, born in Belgium, is a three way blend of 3 year old Cantillon Lambic, 2 1/2 year old Allagash Coolship, and 2 year old Russian River Sonambic.
Sure to be a very limited release, is Allagash’s version of Wild Friendship Blend, brewed/blended again with beer from Cantillon and Russian River. All the breweries agreed that this special collaboration would only be poured at special events.
On Saturday, May 9, 2015, Allagash will host Wild Friendship Celebration, where Wild Friendship Blend will finally be served. Attendees of the Wild Friendship Celebration will get to taste this small-batch brew of which only 1500 bottles were produced. No bottles will be sold. Additionally, three other rare beers from each brewery will be offered.
Brewery founders Jean Van Roy (Cantillon), Vinnie Cilurzo (Russian River), and Rob Tod (Allagash) will all be in attendance. “Full Plates Full Potential,” an initiative to end childhood hunger in Maine, will receive a portion of the proceeds from the Wild Friendship Celebration.
Tickets will be available at WildFriendshipBlend.com starting on March 16 through March 23. Those wishing to attend can submit their email address for the random ticket selection process – 350 addresses will be randomly chosen to purchase two tickets.
Details about the event:
- The event is Saturday, May 9 at Allagash Brewing Company in Portland, Maine. There will be two separate sessions: 1-4 pm and 5-8 pm.
- Tickets for this event are $100 (plus ticket service fees) and include a souvenir glass from the event.
- Attendees will receive 4 ounces of each of the 10 beers being poured at the event (including Wild Friendship Blend). Admission also includes food from 3 prominent local restaurants/caterers
- 350 tickets per session will be available, and sold through a random ticket selection process.
- Ticket buyers and attendees must be 21 years of age. Proof of age and tickets must be presented at the door at time of entry to the event.
- If you are selected to purchase a ticket, information on parking & transportation arrangements will be available at time of ticket purchase.
Image via Allagash Brewing