Heavy Seas (Baltimore, MD) upgraded the Mutiny Fleet to the Uncharted Waters Series a couple of years ago.
Since then, the series has featured 4-5 offerings a year, each barrel-aged and unique.
The 2015 line is now available, featuring a couple of new faces, plus some familiar “ish” offerings:
- Siren Noire: Bourbon barrel chocolate imperial stout (Jan-March)
- Phantom Ship: Barrel-aged Belgian tripel (available March – April)
- Blackbeard’s Breakfast: Coffee-bourbon porter (available May – June)
- Red Sky at Morning: Belgian-style saison aged in Chardonnay barrels (available July – August)
- Yule Tide: Gingerbread rum-barrel-aged weizenbock (available November – December)
Siren Noire has been in the Uncharted Waters series since day one. Yule Tide, once a tripel, varies each year. The 2015 “gingerbread” aspect is new for this late 2015 release.
Red Sky at Morning is a spin off of the brewery’s Red Sky at Night saison, aged in Chardonnay wine barrels.
Phantom Ship, and Blackbeard’s Breakfast are completely new.