Captain Lawrence Brewing (Elmsford, NY) is expanding deeper into Philadelphia with the debut of a new limited release, Think Drink: Volume 1.
This draft only release is the result of a massive collaboration of bar owners and managers from the Philadelphia area got onto a charter bus and headed to the brewery to create Think Drink. The result: Think Drink: Volume 1, a dry-hopped session Saison using German Hallertau hops.
“Think Drink: Volume 1 was one of the most fun and interactive brewing projects that we have ever been a part of here at the brewery,” says Vaccaro, who entered the Philadelphia market after partnering with top beer distributor Muller, Inc. this past October. “We were able to work closely with the industry professionals actually serving our beer, handing each one individual surveys asking for their suggestions on what they wanted this beer to be, and then inviting them all for a personal tour of our brewery.”
Captain Lawrence Think Drink: Volume 1 will be available at these locations:
320 Market Café, Alla Spina, American Sardine Bar, Baggataway Tavern, Barcade, Barley Mow, The Beer Store (Bucks County), The Beer Store (Malvern), Bottle Bar East, Teresa’s Café, Bishop’s Collar, Blind Pig, Blue Dog Family Tavern, Blue Dog, Flanigan’s Boathouse, Bru Craft & Wurst, Butcher and Barkeep, Craft Beer Outlet, The Cambridge, Canal Street, Capone’s, Craft Ale House, City Tap House Logan Square, City Tap House University City, Devil’s Den, Fette Sau, Fountain Porter, Good Dog Bar, Grey Lodge, Growlers, The Corner Foodery, The Foodery Roxborough, Harry’s Blue Bell Taproom, Hulmeville Inn, The Industry, Iron Abbey, Island Pizza, Jose Pistola’s, Khyber Pass Pub, Kite & Key, Kraftwork, Liberty Taproom, Local 44, London Grill, Maxwell’s on Main, Monk’s Café, Paradise by the Slice, The Pub on Passyunk East, PJ’s Pour House, Pinocchio’s, Prohibition Taproom, Ram’s Head Bar & Grill, Sidebar Restaurant, Side Car, Spinnerstown Hotel, Station Taproom, Time, TJ’s Restaurant & Drinkery, Tria Taproom, Two Stones Pub, Union Jack’s Pub, Union Jack’s Inn, Urban Saloon and Varga Bar.
This release marks the continued expansion of Captain Lawrence offerings in Philadelphia. Look for these brands in the city in 2015:
- 2015. Year-Round Styles: “Captain Lawrence IPA” IPA, “Captain’s Reserve” Imperial IPA, “Captain’s Kolsch” German Style Kolsch, “Liquid Gold” Hopped Belgian Blond (year-round styles will be available throughout 2015)
- January 12. Special Releases: “Think Drink: Volume 1,” “Frost Monster” Imperial Stout; Pilot Series: “Traditional Pilsner.”
- February 1. Pilot Series: “Frozen Flowers” Elderflower Belgian Blonde
- March 1. Seasonal: “Sun Block” Hoppy Wheat; Pilot Brew: Black IPA
- April 1. Special Releases: “Xtra Gold” Dry-Hopped Tripel, “Seeking Alpha” Triple IPA; Pilot Brew: Brett IPA