Placentia, California based The Bruery will open their first east coast location on the east coast this month.
Renowned beers like the barrel-aged Black Tuesday, Mocha Wednesday, and White Chocolate got their start on at their original location on Dunn Way, alongside a series of wild and sour beers. Recently, the “wild” lineup was dubbed Bruery Terreux, and moved to an “all funk” location nearby.
This spring, they (finally) did what they said they would never do – they released India pale ales. Let’s just say they are “bending” their rule by releasing a hoppy lineup as Offshoot Beer Co.
The Bruery is looking east in 2018 with a brick & mortar presence in Washington D.C.
The Union Market District of the nation’s capital is where The Bruery has claimed their new home. The store will offer bottle and can sales from all three brands, for take away and on-site consumption, plus eight taps for growler and crowler fills.
Additionally, the store will serve as a pick-up point for Reserve, Preservation, and Hoarders Society members, and online bottle sales.
“The Bruery Store at Union Market District provides a central location for fans along the East Coast to get their hands on all three of our brands under one roof. We’re incredibly excited to put down roots for our first retail store outside of California in the nation’s capital. Such an expansion wouldn’t be possible without the support from our fans across the country.” – founder and CEO, Patrick Rue
The Bruery Store at Union Market District will share 5,000 square feet with other retailers. The two-story building is located at 513 Morse St. NE was built in 1931 as a small, independent butcher shop, Kramer & Sons.
You’ll find The Bruery “East” located at 513 Morse St. NE, open Tuesdays through Saturdays, from 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
If you go:
- The first 100 shoppers (no purchase necessary) on Jan. 19 will be gifted a limited edition, commemorative t-shirt and receive a three-bottle set of beer.
- The second 100 shoppers (no purchase necessary) on Jan. 19 will be gifted two bottles of beer.
- On Jan. 19, attendees who sign up to become a Preservation Society member will receive a free bottle of beer.
- Current Hoarders Society, Reserve Society, and Preservation Society members will receive a free bottle of beer with any purchase during opening weekend.
- One lucky shopper on January 19 will win a 2018 Reserve Society membership raffle (no purchase necessary). A membership includes over $370 value in included beer and merchandise, plus access to purchase the brewery’s most limited releases – at a 15% discount – online and in-store.
- A meet-and-greet with The Bruery Founder, Patrick Rue – one of just 16 individuals to earn the title of Master Cicerone®.
- Onsite sales of Black Tuesday 2017 (limit 3 bottles per person, while supplies last.)
- Visitors will be able to join the Offshoot Beer Co. Interest List and gain access to the latest fresh, juicy, hop-forward and canned releases from the offshoot of The Bruery.Onsite bottle sales of popular and special releases from The Bruery, Bruery Terreux and Offshoot Beer Co. will be featured throughout opening week.