Stone Brewing Co. (Escondido, CA) promised a big announcement today. While everyone was expecting the announcement of an East Coast brewery, today the brewery announced the intention to build a craft brewery, restaurant and gardens in Berlin, Germany. Stone Brewing Berlin will cost $25 million to complete.
Here are the details:
- The location is on 2 acres of land in Mariendorf, six miles south of the city’s Brandenburg Gate
- The site contains a red brick main hall built in 1901 by Imperial Continental Gas Association.
- Main Hall is 43,000 square feet
- Two other buildings on site will be used for special events, beer packaging
- The custom built brewhouse should open late 2015, 2016
- Cost $25 million in renovations, contruction, and landscaping
- No plans on brewing traditional German styles
- The first beers to come from the Berlin brewery are a series of limited releases called Stone Groundbreaking Collaborations.
- Sold in 1.5 liter bottles for $50 dollars each, available through crowd funding campaign on IndieGoGo
- Proceeds go to expediting construction in Berlin and the United States east coast brewery (not yet announced.)
Series Launch Beers Include:
Imperial Royal Imperial Saison du BUFF – described as “an uber version” of the Saison that Stone first released in 2010 with Victory and Dogfish Head
SPECIAL bashah –a second take on the Black Double Belgian IPA brewed once before with Scotland’s BrewDog in 2009,
Super Duper Arrogant – a Strong Ale that revisits an earlier collaboration between Stone and Birrificio Le Baladin of Italy.