Victory Brewing is on the cusp of releasing Dark Intrigue. The brewery took Storm King Stout and aged in Jim Beam and Heaven Hill barrels all summer. Victory describes the transformation like this:
It’s like Clark Kent going into a phone booth and coming out as Superman, only more delicious and less crime-fighty.
On 11/23, Dark Intrigue will be released at the Downingtown location.
Per Victory, Here’s What You Need To Know About Dark Wednesday:
– Dark Intrigue will be available by the bottle and by the case from the retail shop at our Downingtown brewery and brewpub.
– It will go on sale when our retail shop opens at 11:30 a.m. You are welcome to begin lining up earlier than that, and we anticipate that Dark Intrigue fans will start arriving around 9 a.m.
– Each person will be limited to one case of Dark Intrigue, no exceptions.
– The cost will be $15 per bottle, $180 per case. (There are 12 bottles per case.)
– We know you’re excited to drink your newly purchased Dark Intrigue, and we’re excited to have you try it, but under no circumstances can you open a bottle of Dark Intrigue in the parking lot. Pennsylvania has very strict open container laws, and drinking beer in our parking lot is illegal. If you open it in the parking lot, it will be confiscated. We don’t want to do that, but we have to follow the law of the land. So please, wait until you get home to open it so we can all avoid any issues.
– Like all beer purchased at our retail shop, it is not permitted to be opened in the restaurant.
– In addition to the beer, you will also be able to buy the bourbon barrels where Dark Intrigue was aged. The barrels will cost $40 each, cash only, and you can buy as many barrels as you can fit in your vehicle. You cannot pay for the barrels at the same time you pay for your Dark Intrigue. We will have a separate station for barrel purchases set up outside. If you want to purchase a barrel on Dark Wednesday, please e-mail[email protected] to reserve yours. You will have to pay and pick up the barrel on Dark Wednesday.
Style: Imperial Stout (Barrel Aged)
Availability: 750ml bottles, limited Draft.