Some interesting numbers that Brewers Association President Paul Gatza mentioned during the Craft Brewers Conference last week.
– The U.S. craft beer industry rose 13% in volume and 15% in revenue in 2011.
– 250 craft brewery openings last year.
– 37 breweries closed
– There are over 2,000 breweries in the United States
– Additionally, there are 1,119 craft breweries in planning
– $8.7Billion worth of craft beer was sold in 201. That’s 9% of the total beer market
– 30,000 enrolled members in the American Homebrewers Association.