The Daily Meal (a popular website covering food & drink) recently published an about the most powerful people in drink. Now that covers all matters of liquids, including wine, coffee & more. This is a pretty authoritative list on some of the biggest influencers in their industry. Interesting mentions include the CEO of MADD, & a few historians/writers. You’ll see some familiar names. Who would you add? Note: links below link to [TheDailyMeal]
30. Jason and Todd AlstrÃ¶m, Founders, BeerAdvocate
29. Zoe Sakoutis and Erica Huss, Founders, BluePrint Cleanse
28. Kathleen Lewis, Executive Director, Court of Master Sommeliers
27. Gregg L. Engles, CEO and Chairman, Dean Foods
26. David Wondrich, Cocktail Historian, Author
25. Debbie Weir, CEO, Mothers Against Drunk Driving
24. Dale DeGroff, Master Mixologist
23. Marvin R. Shanken, CEO, M. Shanken Communications, Inc.
22. Duane Sorenson, Founder, Stumptown Coffee Roasters
21. Dan Bane, CEO and Chairman, Trader Joe’s
20. Charlie Papazian, Founder, The Brewers Association
19. “Mr. Boston,” Author, Mr. Boston Official Bartender’s Guide
18. Jim Koch, Founder and Chairman, The Boston Beer Co.
17. Robert Parker, Jr., Wine Writer and Critic
16. Nigel Travis, CEO, Dunkin’ Brands
15. Joe Gallo, President and CEO, E. & J. Gallo Winery
14. Irene Rosenfeld, Chairman and CEO, Kraft Foods, Inc.
13. Tom Long, CEO, MillerCoors
12. Kim Jeffery, President and CEO, NestlÃ© Waters North America
11. Larry Schwartz, President, Diageo North America
10. Robert Sands, CEO, Constellation Brands
9. Jeremy Stoppelman, CEO, Yelp
8. Harvey Chaplin, CEO, Southern Wine and Spirits
7. Carlos Brito, CEO, Anheuser-Busch InBev
6. Muhtar Kent, CEO and Chairman of the Board, The Coca-Cola Company
5. Mike Duke, President and CEO, Walmart
4. Indra Nooyi, Chairman and CEO, PepsiCo.
3. Michael Taylor, Deputy Commissioner for Foods, USFDA
2. The Head of Your State’s Alcohol Agency
1. Howard Schultz, Chairman, Founder, and CEO, Starbucks