Three Taverns Pometheus is being canned for the first time. The Decatur, Georgia based brewery will debut the new format this weekend.
Pometheus is a part of the brewery’s ongoing Sour Asylum Series, which features an array of various kettle-soured beers. This particular release has been a draft-only favorite in the taproom, prompting the brewery to finally can this superfruit delight.
Pomegranate and blueberries plus a touch of lactose milk sugar is the brewing combination that makes Pometheus so popular. The pomegranate is slightly tart, the blueberries slightly sweet, and each sip finishes with a smooth creaminess from the milk sugar.
Three Taverns Pometheus will be available on Saturday, September 21st when the brewery opens.
Modern Times Monster’s Park Blueberry Cobbler
Image: Modern Times
Pontoon Beer Chugs in Harmony will be available at the brewery on Friday – a collaboration with Digi-Dude Nate from Atlanta’s Rock 100.5 FM.
This imperial milkshake IPA is brewed with blueberries, maple syrup from Ohio, and Madagascar vanilla beans.
This Friday, the brewery will host a “water” pong (beer pong) competition with Digi-Dude Nate starting at 6 pm. (Tickets).
Beer sales start at 3 pm.
8.1% ABV, 10 IBUs
PIC: Beer Street Journal
New Holland Lost Dune is returning to the Michigan based brewery’s line again for the summer.
Designed for warm weather drinking, New Holland Lost Dune is brewed with local blueberries and coriander, plus a heavy dose of Mosaic hops.
“At New Holland, it’s no secret that we’re inspired by the seasonality of ingredients and flavors. Plus, located on Lake Michigan, summer is a natural inspiration. Lost Dune captures the taste of summer with its refreshing and aromatic body.” – Brett VanderKamp, Co-Founder & President.
For the beer’s official launch on May 18th aka “Dune Day”, New Holland has partnered with the Land Conservancy of West Michigan to support the non-profit organization’s mission to permanently protect and care for Michigan’s natural beauty. Participating locations will be donating a portion of sales from each pint of Lost Dune sold on Dune Day to the Land Conservancy of West Michigan.
New Holland Lost Dune will be available seasonally across the brewery’s entire network in 12-ounce cans and draft.
SweetWater Brewing’s 20-plus years of operation have been shaped by three beers – 420 Pale Ale, IPA, and Blue. Incidentally, that’s their ranking in annual sales as well.
When the brewery first started canning in 2014, 420 and IPA got the nod, but Blue never got the call for aluminum. Love it or hate it, the blueberry wheat beer has always held its own in the brewery’s lineup, but was passed up for canning in lieu of seasonals, and more recently, the Dank Tank releases. Not anymore.
SweetWater Blue is now available in 12-ounce cans for the first time, ending the lurking can question for the “infamous” wheat beer.
Drink in good health.
Style: American Wheat Ale (w/ Blueberries)
Availability: 12oz Bottles, 12oz Cans, Draft.
Debut (Cans): Early 2018
PIC: Beer Street Journal
If this is Burial Beer Co.’s idea of what the rivers in hell taste like, count us in.
The Asheville, North Carolina based brewery’s Solera program has yielded another release, and it indeed runs deep red. Burial The River to Hell Runs Red is Oud Bruin ale (Flanders Brown Ale) that spent 6 months in Brunello foeders, only to be re-fermented in Sanctuary Vineyards Tempranillo barrels for 9 months. Hold on, not done. 75% of this sour ale was aged on raspberries, while the remaining 25% on blueberries.
The release is truly a dark, brooding, sour ale. As it warms the depth of this beer is revealed – a wash of bold Spanish black grapes and a subtle hint of dry Italian wine barrel, finishing with just the tiniest hint of vinegar and raspberry. Fans of sours like The Bruery Tart of Darkness or Jolly Pumpkin Noel De Calabaza will find a new love in hell here.
Burial The River to Hell Runs Red is a brewery only release, in 16.9-ounce bottles.
PIC: Beer Street Journal
Boulevard Jam Band that was a draft exclusive in the past, is coming to cans.
This Smokestack Series release is a fruity one. The base beer is created with two-row barley, acidulated malt, and Topaz hops. The “humongous” fruit character (jammy?) comes from blueberry, red raspberry, and tart cherry juice blended at the end of fermentation.
Starting in February, look for Boulevard Jam Band to debut in 12-ounce cans, year-round. The alcohol by volume is a touch lower than its predecessor, now at 5.9% instead of 7%.
Jam Band pours a deep ruby and opens with aromas of dark berries, melon and subtle citrus. Minimal, supporting malt sweetness provides a platform from which blueberry, red raspberry and tart cherry sing resulting in a slightly tart, easy-drinking summer beer that begs for an encore.
Boulevard Jam Band will be available nationally starting in February 2018.
5.9% ABV, 6 IBUs