Fifty Fifty Brewing (Truckee, CA) will be shipping to Birmingham, Alabama starting in December, 2013. They have signed a distribution deal with Pinnacle Distributing. Fifty Fifty’s barrel aged Eclipse Imperial Stout aged in various bourbon barrels has gotten national attention over the past few years. (For its amazing taste of course.) Only that beer and it’s barrel aged variants will ship to Birmingham.
Start camping out. That is all.
Future sales of FiftyFifty Brewing’s Eclipse go on sale in 30 minutes. Eclipse is the brewery’s Totality, aged in various barrels. Below are the barrel variations, and costs. Head over to Fifty Fifty’s website for the order from. (11 Am EST, 8 Pacific.)
Futures sales go live online on Monday, April 16th at 8:00am Pacific time, and allows purchasers to guarantee not missing out on their favorite styles. Orders will only be taken on the website and are on a first come, first served basis. Last year, several styles sold out on the first day, and they expect a similar response this year.
Fifty Fifty Brewing has really made a splash in the beer world with Eclipse Imperial Stout. The brewers take the stout and age it in a variety of whiskey & bourbon barrels.
This years barrels:
Elijah Craig 12 year Barrel
Four Roses Single Barrel
Rittenhouse Rye Barrel
Elijah Craig 20 year Barrel
Brandy Barrel Blend
Buffalo Trace Barrel Blend
Brewmaster’s Grand Cru Blend — A blend from selected barrels
Bottles will be released in December, 2011.
Fifty Fifty Brewing Announces the 2011 Eclipse Party release details.
Announcing the ECLIPSE Barrel Aged Imperial Stout Release Party!
We welcome you to join us at the brewery to celebrate what will certainly be another excellent vintage of your favorite imperial stout. This is a rare opportunity to sample all 7 varieties being released this year, some previous Eclipse vintages, and even some other FiftyFifty barrel aging projects. In order to create an environment where all attendees can drink and interact comfortably, only 100 tickets will be available.
When: Thursday, December 8th, 2011… from 5:00PM til we kick you out!
Where: FiftyFifty Brewing Co. (11197 Brockway Rd., Truckee, CA 96161)
Price: $100 per person – Limit of 2 tickets per person
What to expect:
- All styles of the 2011 Eclipse will be available for tasting and purchase at the party. Depending upon product yield, all styles might not be available to the general public so this is a great opportunity to get your hands on some more of the rare stuff!
- You won’t go hungry. Charcuterie, gourmet cheeses, artisan bread, candied malt, chocolates, and other tasty snacks will be served.
- And you won’t go home empty handed. Even if you do not have any futures to pick up, you will take home a “BrewmasterÊ¼s Choice” commemorative bottle and Eclipse souvenir glass (for real this time!), and receive 15% off of all FiftyFifty merchandise.
- Make it an extended stay. We have secured discounts at other local businesses and restaurants, as well as hotel discount group rates at the Cedar House Sport Hotel, Larkspur Hotel (formerly the Best Western), and Hampton Inn.
- We have partnered with Stella, a local artisanal restaurant next door to the Cedar House Sport Hotel, to put together a Brewmaster Dinner on Friday night. Pricing and availablility are still TBD, but release party ticket holders will get priority access. Details will be posted as they are finalized.
How to get your ticket(s):
- Ticket requests will be accepted via email only at: [email protected], starting Thursday, September 8th at 12:00 AM PDT. Requests should contain your name, contact email, contact phone number, and number of tickets requested (1 or 2). No attachments please. Phone orders will not be accepted.
- All requests will receive a time stamped auto-response confirming receipt of the request. If you do not receive an auto-response, your email was not received. Please note that any requests received prior to 12:00 AM PDT on 9/8/2011 will not be accepted, and will not receive an auto-response confirmation. Receiving a auto generated e-mail does not guarantee tickets, only our receipt of the request.
- Requests will be processed on a daily basis until we reach our limit of 100 attendees. On the date when the 100th request is received, we will collect all requests from that day and select at random until we reach 100 (with the remainder going on the wait list). All orders received prior to that day (but not before September 8th), will have already secured their tickets.
- For example; If 93 tickets have been ordered as of Monday, and 30 more orders come in on Tuesday, all the orders received as of Monday will get their tickets and 7 more will be “drawn” from the the requests received on Tuesday. The remaining 23 requests will be the first on the waiting list, order determined by the same selection process. If more than 100 ticket requests come in on the first day, every request received that day will be in the pool for selection.
- Ticket recipients will be invoiced via PayPal on the day that their tickets are confirmed. Full payment must be made within 48 hours of the PayPal request in order to secure your tickets. If payment is not received within 48 hours, the request will be removed and we will move on to the waiting list.
- By 8:00 AM PDT each day beginning Friday, September 9th, an announcement will be made as to the status of tickets sold so far. Please follow our Twitter and Facebook accounts for the most current information.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
Details are subject to change without notification.
Must be 21 years or older to attend.
Scammers will be shot on site.
Frequently Asked Questions:
“Why the lottery system instead of first come first serve?”
- Let’s be honest, our focus is on beer, not an uber-redundant IT infrastructure. We are trying to make the process as fair as possible, and this is the best way to do it. Everyone who submits a request on the first day has an equal shot at tickets without having to send a request at midnight!
“How does the waiting list work?”
- We will attempt to honor the first 100 requests for tickets, but in the event that someone drops out (i.e. does not make payment via PayPal), then their tickets will be offered to the wait list requests. The order is determined by random selection as described above.
“Are tickets refundable after they’ve been purchased?”
- No Refunds. However we understand that plans change, so tickets are transferrable. The originalphysical ticket must shown to get in the door, and all entrants must be 21 years if age or older..
“Are there any bottle purchase limits at the party?”
- Yes, each style will have limits on purchases based on allocations. Those limits will be larger at the party than they will be for the general public.
“Can I pick up futures at the party?”
- Absolutely. Attendees with reserved futures may pick them up at the party. If your friends have futures but did not receive party tickets, you can grab their futures as well (with their permission, of course). Any ticket holders who have reserved futures may pick theirs up at the party. Either way, bring the certificates!
“Can I bring a designated driver?”
- Only ticket holders can come to the party. However, there are many great taxi services in the area (we have their numbers on hand at the brewery), and the Larkspur Hotel is within walking distance of the brewery. There are also several other fine restaurants and establishments in the area where designated drivers can hang out.
“Will all of the Eclipse styles be available at release?”
- If our yields are reasonable, all styles will be available at the brewery upon release. Most styles will also be made available to our distributors.
“Where are you distributing?”
- At this point we have confirmed distribution to the SF Bay Area, Portland, Southern California (LA & San Diego), and Chicago. We are still pursuing other markets which have not yet been confirmed. As soon as we have something definitive, we will update accordingly.
“Will my local bottle shop / pub carry Eclipse?”
- Our distributors will ultimately make the decision as to which retailers end up with our product. Talk to your favorite place now to make sure they know you want it, so they can work with the distributors!
Old Fitzgerald = No Wax (RARE!)
Pappy Van Winkle…
Original bottling = No Wax
2nd = No Wax, marked ‘2nd’
3rd = Pink & Signed
Elijah Craig = Purple
Heaven Hill = Green
Jack Daniels = Gold
Evan Williams = Black
Heaven Hill = Green
Four Roses = Red
Brandy = Purple / Brown
Elijah Craig 12 year Barrel = TBD
Four Roses Single Barrel = TBD
Rittenhouse Rye Barrel = TBD
Elijah Craig 20 year Barrel = TBD
Brandy Barrel Blend = TBD
Buffalo Trace Barrel Blend = TBD
Brewmaster’s Grand Cru Blend = TBD
Awards & Accolades:
Totality Imperial Stouot (Base Stout For Elcipse):
2010 European Beer Star Awards, Silver Medal, Imperial Stout
2010 Australian International Beer Awards, Gold Medal, Imperial Stout
2009 Great American Beer Festival, Bronze Medal, Other Strong Beer
2008 Great American Beer Festival, Bronze Medal, Other Strong Beer
Eclipse Barrel Aged Imperial Stout:
2010 Australian International Beer Awards — Silver Medal, Wood Aged Beer
2009 Australian International Beer Awards — Silver Medal, Wood Aged Beer
2009 Draft MagazineTM Top 25 Beers
“1001 Beers You Must Taset Before You Die”, By Adrian Tierney-Jones, Neil Morrissey
What happens when you take an award winning Imperial Stout, put it in oak bourbon barrels, and then age it for six months? One of the most epic beer tasting experiences you will ever have: Eclipse.
Imperial Stouts are noted for being very rich substantial beers, and FiftyFifty’s Totality Imperial Stout does not disappoint on this fact. Brewed in small 300 gallons batches, our brewers lovingly craft this masterpiece once a year. Made with the finest malts, hops, fresh mountain water and yeast, over 18 separate ingredients lend their unique character to this beer.
To become Eclipse, Totality is then aged for a minimum of 180 days in oak bourbon barrels. This time spent adds a plethora of flavors to the already rich Imperial Stout. At first taste there is a large presence of dark chocolate, espresso and warmth from the alcohol of the beer. Oak barrel character then comes into play with hints of vanilla and coconut, followed by mild bitterness from the hops, and then a nice long lingering finish with hints of tobacco, dark dried fruit and more chocolate. Eclipse is a wonderful companion with dessert. A beer meant for contemplation best enjoyed in a snifter and with a friend.
Because of the extensive brewing and aging process, Eclipse is only released once a year…
March-April: Brew Totality
Mid April: Futures available
May: Begin aging in oak barrels.
November: Bottle and keg.
December: Official Release
Fifty Fifty Brewing’s Eclipse Imperial Stout is rapidly gaining national popularity. 5050 takes the stout and ages it in various whiskey & bourbon barrels. Starting at midnight last night the brewery starting taking email orders for the beer. The inbox was full minutes later. Check out the 2011 list.
Announcing the limited release of futures for the 2011 Vintage of Eclipse Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout.
AVAILABLE AT 12:01AM PDT ON APRIL 15!
For a limited time only, you can reserve your bottles of 2011 Eclipse for a discount off the final retail price. 50% down at time of order, with the remainder due at product pickup. Limited quantities of the following styles are available as futures:
Elijah Craig 12 year Barrel ($20/btl, $10 down, limit 24)
Four Roses Single Barrel ($20/btl, $10 down, limit 12)
Rittenhouse Rye Barrel ($20/btl, $10 down, limit 12)
Elijah Craig 20 year Barrel ($22/btl, $11 down, limit 12)
Brandy Barrel Blend ($22/btl, $11 down, limit 6)
Buffalo Trace Barrel Blend ($22/btl, $11 down, limit 4)
Brewmaster’s Grand Cru Blend — A blend from selected barrels of 2011 Eclipse chosen by the Brewmaster ($24/btl, $12 down, limit 2)
Futures can be ordered one of three ways: (1) in person at the brewery; (2) Call the brewery at 530.587.BEER (but please not during peak dinner hours on Friday/Saturday nights); (3) Complete the ORDER FORM and email to [email protected]
FiftyFifty Brewing will be reaching outside it’s home of Truckee, California to Chicago, Illinois. While no official press release has been issued on the distribution expansion, initial target for launch in December 2011.
FiftyFifty Brewing has gotten a lot of positive response from Eclipse Imperial Stout, aged in various whiskey barrels. The brewery has recently mentioned on Twitter & Facebook that they are ramping up production of some of their popular brews. <Chicago Beer Blog>