Boston, Massachusetts based Boston Beer Company is releasing a new collaboration pack, features five different breweries across the United States.
The limited release 12-pack appropriately named The Brewing the American Dream Collaboration Pack. Each of the collaborators are a part of Samuel Adams Brewing the American Dream, a philanthropic initiative. The program provides loans and coaching to craft brewers and small business owners working toward the “American Dream” of small business ownership.
Samuel Adams Brewing the American Dream 12-pack contains creations from Bosque Brewing (Albuquerque, NM), ChuckAlek Independent Brewers (Ramona, CA), Woods Beer Co. ( San Francisco, CA), Brewery Rickoli (Wheat Ridge, CO), and Roc Brewing (Rochester, NY).
- Desert Kaleidoscope IPA – w/ Bosque Brewing. pays homage to the Albuquerque balloon fiesta and features a mixture of flavors including citrus, tangerine, pine and honey malt to create a brew with a bold, hoppy aroma. With a 7.0% ABV, Desert Kaleidoscope is a deep amber, medium-bodied brew that leaves a clean touch of lingering bitterness on the palate.
- Time Hop Porter – w/ ChuckAlek Independent Brewers. Driven by co-founders Grant Fraley and Marta Jankowska’s mission of creating “Old School Beers for New School Palates,” Time Hop Porter utilizes Zeus, Chinook, Cascade and Goldings hops and is 5.3% ABV. The hop character is balanced by three malt varieties: Sam Adams pale two-row blend, Crisp Brown, and Black malt. This porter has strong notes of citrus and pine that are balanced by a smooth, roasted malt character.
- ThreeNinety Bock – w/Roc Brewing Co.ThreeNinety Bock is a slightly roasted Maibock with a sweet toffee and light caramel flavor, crafted from four hop varieties, combined with rye malt and oak smoked malt. Mosaic and Hallertau Mittelfrueh hops provide the balance that gives this dark golden bock a big, juicy character and slightly sweet and dry finish. ThreeNinety is a nod to the distance in miles between Boston and Rochester.
- Boston Tea Party Saison – w/ Wood Beer Co. Boston Tea Party Saison is a bi-coastal twist on the classic Belgian style, combining Woods’s Yerba mate-infused saison with Sam Adams’ wild yeast blend, Kosmic Mother Funk. Mate’s earthy spice plays on the rippling, fruity haze of KMF’s funky bacteria, and gives a signature snap to the amber saison’s traditional dry finish.
- Oats McGoats Stout – w/ Brewery Rickoli. Oats McGoats is an American stout brewed based on founder and brewer Rick Abitbol’s commitment to brewing full-flavored, gluten-reduced beers (if they didn’t say it, you wouldn’t know). At 6.5% ABV, the full-bodied, moderately carbonated beer is accented by earthy, spicy flavors and a hint of roasted coffee notes.
The 6th offering is Boston Lager, originally a collaboration with founder Jim Koch and his father, using his great-great grandfather’s recipe.
Samuel Adams The Brewing the American Dream Collaboration Pack will be available nationally starting in late-July, 2017. Estimate retail price $16.99 to $19.99.
Image: Boston Beer Company