Friendly reminder that Great American Beer Festival tickets go on sale today at 12 noon EST.
The beer fest, largest of it’s kind, is held annually in Denver, Colorado. This year, GABF expects more than 700 breweries pouring, and an even larger competition spanning 90 categories.
For tickets, hit Ticketmaster.com (opens in new window).
Image via the Brewer’s Association
Stone Brewing Co. (Escondido, CA) has unlocked a new “Groundbreaking Collaboration” beer, this time with Alesmith Brewing. What is the beer? Well, we don’t know yet. Stone promises a beer “that they’re going to make you a beer that will take time and a lot of money to brew it, and it will be worth that time and money. They have a great track record, after all!”
Your $30 dollar purchase of a 1.5 Liter bottle gets you all of what’s below:
- Voucher for one (1) 1.5-liter bottle of beer, which is the size of two 750-milliliter bottles (yay, math!). Such a deal for what will be an awesome beer.
- AleSmith and Stone promise that they’re going to make you a beer that will take time and a lot of money to brew it, and it will be worth that time and money. They have a great track record, after all!
- Incredible “Team Stone for a Day” benefit when you (or your mule) pick up the beer: choose from 50% off in our Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens restaurant (up to $50 value) OR 40%-50% off on merchandise at our Stone Company Store (up to $200 value!). Your call.
- An official Thank-you with your name in the credits of the video we will make to document the brew day for this beer featuring Peter and Greg.
- $10 Gift Card to AleSmith that won’t expire for a good ten years.
- Wow, this is good stuff, and to be honest, once you do the math you’ll see you’d kinda be nuts to pass it up. Or a fizzy yellow beer drinker.
- If you live in Europe, then shipping beer direct to you isn’t the legal tangle it is in the U.S. So, when we notify you that the beer is ready, you’ll have the option to choose to pay to have it shipped to you. (But you’ll probably want to come pick it up in person, as you’d miss out on the awesome aforementioned Team Stone for a Day benefit!)
- Pickup locations include: Stone Company Store – Escondido, Stone Company Store – Pasadena, Stone Company Store – Berlin and Stone’s yet-to-be-determined location East of the Mississippi. You don’t have to decide now which pickup spot you want. We’ll ping you for your choice once the beer is ready.
- No worries about a narrow pickup window: You (or your mule) will have ONE (1) YEAR from the date it becomes available to pick it up.
Buy It Now (Opens in new window)
Stone Brewing Co. (Escondido, CA) is teasing new project that they will reveal tomorrow. The brewery is playing it up to be pretty epic too.
We know you’ll want to be a part of it, and that years from now, you’ll proudly tell your grandkids stories of how you were there when it all started. We’ll send you the specifics tomorrow, so set your alarm for 10am PT, Saturday, July 19th and get ready to become a forerunner in the worldwide revolution.
Sounds pretty big. We’ll all know soon enough.
UPDATE 7/19: Stone announces Berlin, Germany http://beerstreetjournal.com/stone-announces-berlin-germany-brewery/
Citing how difficult it is to brew, the next round of Stone Brewing Co.’s geeky collaboration w00tstout 2.0′s distribution will be limited to just Southern California and Kentucky.
Good luck tracking it down…
Monday Night Brewing (Atlanta, GA) will follow up their recent Bed Head Coffee IPA release with a new Belgian-style offering, Gun Show.
Those local to Atlanta have probably noticed that Gun Show, and it’s various iterations, have already been on tap at the brewery for a little while. Monday Night Gun Show is a Belgian-style golden ale, brewed with honey and pears. Take it from us who have already had it. It’s crazy good, and sneaky. You don’t know you’re drinking an 8% beer.
When was the last time you hit the gym? Do you even lift, bro? This is a beer you need to work for. A rich gold in color, like the weightlifting medal you wished you’d won, this spicy Belgian-style golden ale has been infused with pears. Be warned – the residual sugars, while deliciously reminiscent of fresh honey, mean that you should only drink this beer on your cheat day. So get back to the gym and work it, bro. I bet I can bench more than you. Let’s go.
Look for Monday Night Gun Show in 22oz bombers, and draft for a limited time.
Read more: Monday Night Black Tie Series
Goose Island Brewing announced today that their 312 Urban Wheat cans will be available on United Airlines flights starting July 1st.
Goose joins the likes of New Belgium and SweetWater Brewing to be found in the friendly skies.
Pic via Goose Island.
Terrapin Beer Co.’s (Athens, GA) Side Project #23, Guano Loco is hitting shelves. Guano Loco (aka Bat Shit Crazy) is subtitled chili pepper brownie ale. For this offering, the brewery combined flavors of chocolate from cocoa nibs (Olive & Sinclair in Nashville, TN), and chilies to give your palate something as confusing as it is fun. Chocolate chili brownie indeed.
Like a piñata bursting at the seams, Guano Loco “Chili Pepper Brownie Ale” explodes with a flavor from a myriad of directions. Chocolaty sweetness melds brilliantly with a spicy head to make this beer a fiesta in your glass…Ole’
Look for Terrapin Guano Loco in 22oz bombers and draft for a limited time.
Read more: Terrapin Side Project Series